- Matthew Bersani, Treasurer
- Donna Bersch, Associate
- Jared Kelly, Chairman
- Stephen Lyle, Secretary. Alternate BRPC Delegate
- Mary McGurn, BRPC Delegate
- Edward Regendahl, Vice Chairman
The Egremont Planning Board has received a grant award of $54,000 from the Massachusetts Department of Housing & Community Development’s Community Planning Grant program.
The grant will enable the Planning Board to retain a qualified consultant to guide the process of updating the Town’s Zoning Bylaws and Zoning Map changes, which are anticipated to result from the Vision 2035 Comprehensive Planning process, now underway. The new grant will run through at least June 30, 2024.
Egremont Vision 2035 Initiative
Egremont Vision 2035 Initiative is a collaborative planning process to produce a new Comprehensive Plan (aka Master Plan) and Open Space and Recreation Plan for the Town. The Comprehensive Plan, an undertaking of the Planning Board, will define the vision, goals, actions, and policies for the next ten to fifteen years. The last Master Plan was completed in 2003.
The Open Space and Recreation Plan, an undertaking of the Conservation Commission, will focus on goals and steps to preserve and enhance Egremont’s natural resources and open spaces and meet the Town’s recreational needs for the next seven years. The last OSRP was completed in 2002.
Throughout the process, which will end in the spring of 2023, public workshops will be posted with the expectation that these and other possible events will be online and in-person. Related documents will also be available for review on the website and here.
To help you keep up-to-date on the plans’ progress, participate in online questionnaires, view scheduled events and documents, and volunteer for a more active role in the process, go here: Egremont Vision 2035 Initiative Website. You can also subscribe to Notify Me on the homepage of this website to receive agendas, calendar postings (all meetings are open to the public), and news flash notices in your email inbox. All meetings are video recorded; you can find them on the Zoom Links page of this website.
Members of the Comprehensive Advisory Committee (appointed by Egremont Select Board)
- Jared Kelly
- Stephen Lyle
- Jon Caplan
- Jeff Lazarus
- Roz Liston
- Peg McDonough
- Rich Montone
- Bill Tynan
- Julia Rasch
- James Warwick
- Eileen Vining
Documents Related to Comprehensive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee Meeting 20220922 Presentation (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan and Open Space and Recreational Plan Joint Advisory Committee Meeting 20220808 Presentation (PDF)
- Map of 2003 Developable Land in Egremont (PDF)
- Map of 2003 Egremont Land Use Referencing 1997 (PDF)
- Map of 2022 Egremont Land Use (PDF)
- Map of 2022 Unique Features in Egremont (PDF)
PB Functions Required by Statutes
- To make careful studies,
- To prepare plans for the resources, possibilities, and needs of the Town,
- To act as Park Commissioner in the Town if so authorized,
- To make a Master or Study Plan,
- To have an official map prepared if authorized by Town Meeting,
- To review and submit a report regarding the layout, alteration, relocation, or discontinuance of public ways,
- To report annually to the Town Meeting regarding the condition of the Town
PB Functions Requiring a Public Hearing
- To hear proposed zoning amendments in accord with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40A, Section 5,
- To hear and decide applications for special permits as authorized by the Zoning Bylaw, in accord with Section 7,
- To hear and review site plans as authorized by the Zoning Bylaw,
- To hear and review subdivision plans as required in accord with Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 41, Sections 81Q and W,
- To conduct any other hearing required by law.