- Town Departments
- Transportation Department
Members of the Transportation Committee
- Laura Allen
- Bruce Bernstein
- Mary Brazie
- George McGurn, Chairman
- Peg Muskrat
- Melanie Vicneire, Administrator
Agendas & Minutes
View the Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
Zoom Links to Video Recordings of Meetings
Click here to access Zoom recordings of meetings. To find a specific Transportation Department meeting, scroll through the chronological list of all Zoom-recorded meetings. Note the passcode which you will have to type in.
Egremont Transportation Program
The Transportation Department has received a 2019 Dodge Caravan Minivan, a loan from the Berkshire Regional Transit Authority for use by Egremont's Council on Aging. Equipped to handle one wheelchair, the van will remain on load until Egremont receives its ordered van paid for by grant funds. Two drivers, CORI-checked and insured, will drive residents.
Seniors from 55 years old and up and disabled residents from Egremont, Alford, and Mount Washington, can book rides from Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM.
The van will operate within Southern Berkshire County and Pittsfield. Traveling to Great Barrington and surrounding towns will be $5 each way; traveling to Pittsfield will be $10 each way.
Email Melanie Vicneire, Transportation Department Administrator, or phone 413-528-01822 ext 25 from 9 AM - 2;30 PM to book rides. Please give 48 hours' notice when arranging a ride.
Egremont's 2023 Taxi & Limousine Grant Renewed
Egremont's Taxi Grant to cover ride costs for those in need was renewed for 2023. The grant also includes residents in Alford and Mt. Washington. Taxi services will be available to drive adults over 55, veterans, disabled individuals, essential workers (medical, nursing home), and first responders. The grant covers the costs of these rides. Examples of rides include:
- Non-emergency medical appointments
- Grocery shopping and food pantries
- Senior center
- Job and job training sites
- Adult care facilities
Trips can be state-wide and to Albany and Hudson, NY, and to Sharon, CT. Trips are subject the taxi company's hours of service.
The taxi companies will take all necessary COVID precautions.
Qualifying residents can schedule rides with Melanie Vicneire, Transportation Department Administrator, by phone at 413-528-0182 ext 25 or by emailing Melanie. Please book at least 48 hours in advance.
Microtransit Pilot Program
Egremont has agreed to participate in a pilot program with Great Barrington and Stockbridge to offer an on-demand transportation service to residents of any age. Trips are limited to the three towns (see exceptions below) and can be for any purpose.
What You Need to Know
The TriTown Connector runs 7 AM. to 8 PM. on weekdays and 8 AM to 8 PM on weekends. The weekend service schedule runs on most holidays. There is no service on Christmas, New Year's Day and Easter. Visit the TriTown Connector website for more information.
- For non-residents, travel within one town is $3.50; between towns, $5.00.
- For residents, travel within one town is $2.00; between towns, $3.50.
- Seniors (over 60) may purchase a discounted book of tickets for 10 one-way rides at the Claire Teague Senior Center transportation office, Great Barrington, on weekdays from 8 AM to 4 PM. Ticket books may also be purchased (by seniors) on the vans. Books within one town are $15.00, and multi-town trips are $25.00 (approximately 29% discount).
- Rides are available (for seniors only) to Monterey and New Marlborough for $10.00 (round trip), but only from 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Rides (for seniors only) to medical appointments in Pittsfield are $15.00 (round trip) but only from 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Payment is by cash or check; no digital payment yet.
The vans can be requested up to 30 minutes in advance by calling 413-591-3826. People must use the program's app to schedule during the weekend.