The Cemetery Commissioners are available to discuss any questions about funeral planning, cemetery plots, availability, and fees.
The following is an extract from the Bylaws made by the Commissioners:
- The sale of rights to interments shall be restricted to persons owning real estate in Egremont and/or in lieu thereof, persons whom have been residents of said town for five (5) or more consecutive years.
- All charges for interments or work on lots must be paid for before any additional expenses are incurred.
- Any stone less than three inches (3”) in thickness will be considered a monumental slab; between three inches (3”) and eight inches (8”) a headstone; and over eight inches (8”), a monument.
- No monumental slabs are allowed, except when placed in a horizontal position.
- Headstones over three feet (3’) in height are not allowed.
- All headstones and monuments shall have suitable foundations, to be built by employees of the Commissioners.
- No trees, shrubs, or other “in-ground” plantings, fences, hedges, or curbings shall be placed on any lot.