You may have heard a National Service Weather Service advisory is in effect in Massachusetts for oppressive heat and humidity heat from Thursday, the 27th, 11 AM to 8 PM, Friday, the 28th. This heat advisory excludes the Berkshires, South Coast, and the Cape/Islands. A cold front is expected to cross the state late Saturday to relieve the hot and humid conditions. Sunday's prediction is for drier, cooler, and seasonable weather.
It will still be hot and uncomfortable for many in Egremont. Here are some tips for staying cool without air conditioning.
- Drink lots of water: Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink water, as dehydration can set in before you notice symptoms.
- Use fans: Use box and ceiling fans to promote air circulation throughout your home.
- Close all windows before sunrise, and close curtains and blinds during the day.
- Open windows in the evening when the weather is cooler to promote air circulation.
- Use cold washcloths on your neck or wrists.
- Take a cold shower or bath to cool down.
- Limit physical activity to cooler parts of the day.